- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70g (2/3 cup) dessicated coconut
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- Â 150g (1 cup) choc bits (milk or dark, it’s your choice)
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C. Line the base and 2 opposite long sides of a slice tinÂ with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Sift the combined flours into a bowl. Add the oats, coconut, sugar, and choc bits, and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter and egg. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Cut into bars.
I love this recipe because it is a One Bowl Wonder.Â Throw everything into one bowl and mix to combine.Â So quick and easy! Â If you wanted, you could add a combination ofÂ nuts andÂ dried fruit in place of the choc-chips.Â They are a niceÂ soft muesli bar.Â My one year old loves them.