- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (or Applesauce)
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Lite Sour Cream (or Lite Natural Yoghurt)
- 2 Cups S.R. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1 t. Baking Powder.
- Zest of 1 Orange, very finely grated
- 3/4 Cup Craisins
1. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin, or line with muffin papers.Â Preheat oven to 170C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
3. Add sugar, oil, vanilla, salt and sour cream.Â Mix well.
4.Â Add flour, baking soda and baking powder all at once and stir until just combined.
5. Add the orange zest and craisins and stir through gently.
6. Spoon batter into muffin papers 2/3 full and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until they spring back whenÂ Â touched lightly.Â If you are unsure, test with aÂ fork or toothpick.
Using applesauce gives the muffins a slightly different texture, but the kids still love them.
Adapted from a Blueberry Muffin recipe I found atÂ http://www.30daygourmet.com/