- 1 1/2 cupsÂ Plain flour
- 1/2 cupÂ cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cupÂ unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cupÂ unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160c. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer.Â Â Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Mix inÂ additional butter.
- Â Add egg and vanilla; mix until creamy. Reduce speed to low.
- Â Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Using anÂ ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with baking paper, spacing about 10cm apart. Bake until edges are firm, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 days.